WHAT IS FROLIC FOR MOPS KIDS?
Frolic is a collection of early childhood resources, ranging from faith formation classes to books, that helps children take their first steps in faith. Frolic is the first curriculum of its kind to connect developmental and spiritual milestones—for the youngest of children, starting at birth. Yes, really!
AND NOW THERE IS A CURRICULUM JUST FOR MOPS Kids!
Developed with MOPS Kids coordinators to be simple and fun. Frolic for MOPS Kids combines all of the research and development that went into the faith formation classes with the understanding that MOPS Kids is very different from Sunday School.
Using the parent-child faith formation classes as a base, we worked with MOPS Kids coordinators to make the same expertly-developed material work in a MOPS Kids setting, taking into account the unique needs of the many types of MOPS groups.
LEARN HOW IT WORKS
Frolic for MOPS Kids includes 19 classes per year – two per month for 9 months, plus a special Easter class. Classes are based on a story from the Frolic Bibles or a theme covered in one of the Frolic books. You can mix and match these classes any way you like – do one per meeting if you meet twice a month, or groups that meet monthly can combine sessions and read both stories, OR if you meet more frequently you can spend more time on each lesson to go deeper. It’s totally up to you, and designed to be flexible. The Year 1 Starter Kit and the Year 2 Starter Kit do not need to be done in order. Your group can start with either Year 1 or Year 2.
RECOMMENDED SCOPE AND SEQUENCE
Below is our recommended way to organize the classes – these go roughly in Biblical order, and alternate a Bible lesson with a Theme lesson so you can build on what the kids are learning. Feel free to combine or re-order the classes in any way that makes sense for your group.
1. Frolic First Bible Creation (Takeaway: We can care for God’s creation.)
2. God Made Us All (Takeaway: God made you just the way you are.)
3. Frolic First Bible Noah (Takeaway: God cares for you and me!)
4. God’s Wonderful World (Takeaway: Our senses help us explore God’s world.)
5. Frolic First Bible Daniel (Takeaway: God is with us when we’re scared.)
6. Pray to God (Takeaway: We can talk to God about anything!)
7. Frolic First Bible Jonah (Takeaway: You can say “I’m sorry” to God.)
8. God Finds Us (Takeaway: God is everywhere!)
9. Frolic First Bible Jesus is Born (Takeaway: We celebrate Baby Jesus at Christmas.)
10. Rufus and the Very Special Baby (Takeaway: We can give Jesus our very best gifts.)
11. Frolic First Bible Jesus Feeds a Crowd (Takeaway: Give thanks to God for your food.)
12. Ava and the Skimpy Picnic (Takeaway: God wants us to share.)
13. Frolic First Bible Jesus Calls Disciples (Takeaway: Jesus calls us all to follow him.)
14. Hal and the New Kid (Takeaway: We can welcome new friends into our lives.)
15. Frolic First Bible Jesus Teaches and Heals (Takeaway: We have faith in Jesus too.)
16. Jo and the Slow Soup (Takeaway: God’s people practice patience.)
17. Frolic First Bible Jesus Blesses the Children (Takeaway: We are all blessings in God’s eyes.)
18. Rufus and His Angry Tail (Takeaway: When we are angry, prayer calms us.)
19. Frolic First Bible Jesus Dies and Rises (Special Easter class)
1. Abraham and Sarah (We can trust God.)
2. Clap, Sing, Dance! (We can praise God!)
3. Joseph and His Brothers (We can forgive each other.)
4. Rufus Loses His Cape (We can always ask God for help.)
5. Baby Moses (We can take care of each other.)
6. God Made Feelings (Emotions help us understand each other.)
7. The Red Sea (God always leads us.)
8. Hal and the Very Long Race (Everyone has their own strengths.)
9. Hannah and Samuel (We can serve God.)
10. I Can Help (We can always help others.)
11. David and Goliath (God is with us!)
12. Good Morning, World (God can be part of our routine.)
13. Jesus Is Born (We celebrate baby Jesus!)
14. Happy Birthday, Ava! (We can put others first.)
15. Young Jesus in the Temple (We worship in God’s house too.)
16. Jesus Is Baptized (God loves us and we please God too!)
17. Uri and the Busy Day (We can calm down and take a break.)
18. Jesus the Good Shepherd (Our Good Shepherd is Jesus!)
19. Jesus Dies and Rises (We can tell our friends that Jesus is alive!)
PREPARING YOUR LESSONS
To prepare for your lesson, grab the poster and corresponding book from your Frolic for MOPS Kids Starter Kit. Then download the leader guide and take-home page for that lesson from the leader materials page and any extras you need (name tags, door signs, sign-in sheets, etc.). It’s that easy!
FROLIC FOR MOPS KIDS
All the books, posters, and music you need to get started with your MOPS Kids classes.
Materials for your leaders to
run the classes, and for
kids to take home.
Each monthly newsletter includes expert information about faith formation timed to your child’s development.